Tuesday, November 5, 2013

In The Rainstorm 

We are wrapped in life.  Somehow each day, we get somewhere, and each day we are further along the road we choose to travel. I compromise my road though. My length of time in my physical body on this earth has been shortened.  Just as I thought my world was falling apart, those that surround me became my Mother, My sister, myself and my families safety net. My name is Leyla. In August 2012 I was diagnosed with a inoperable Glioblastoma. Glioblastomas are  re occurring Brain Tumors. The deadliest. It can take losses for some to see how much you take for granted. I do not have control over my body. I do not have control over how long I am physically here on this planet. When my sister says "are you going to die ley?" All my mom and I can says is "we just don't know Opal"  Part of this is me sharing with you my deep and intense life. And as if this seemed like the worst luck had hovered over me, it turned into something so incredible. So I stand here, in this rainstorm. But somehow the sunshine still finds a way to warm my skin. No rain storm can take away my love of life. My diagnosis has given me a deeper knowing. Something tells me that something good will come out of this. This in fact has been a gift to me. Over this past year I have been able to find who I really am. And why I was placed here. This blog is to share with you my hardships and my small victories. And to show you that maybe, just maybe by the end of these posts, you can stand in the rain and still feel the sun.
Sending love,
Blissful Dying

6 comments:

  1. you are so one of my gurus Leyla, thank you so much for your sharing heart. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD BLESS YOU beauty! YOU are brave. you are loved. We are all with you. Love evan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leyla, Thanks so much for sharing. I'm looking forward to your posts.. xoxox~Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you and your beautiful words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspirational Insight. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete